OFFICIAL RULES FOR RISE AGAINST HUNGER’S TRIP GIVEAWAY CONTEST
NO DONATION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY.
DONATING OR PURCHASING ANY GOOD OR SERVICE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
- How to Enter. You may enter Rise Against Hunger’s Trip Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) between 10:00 a.m. central time on Sunday, March 11, 2018 and 2:00 p.m. central time on Wednesday, March 14, 2018. You may enter the Contest for a chance to win the prizes listed herein by submitting a “pledge to end hunger by 2030” to Rise Against Hunger (also herein referred to as “Sponsor”) via 2030ispossible.org (the “Website”) along with your email address, first and last name, company and your country of residency. To be eligible for the prize, you must submit the pledge while in attendance at the 2018 South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conference & Festivals. There is a limit of one (1) valid Entry per eligible person during the Contest. By submitting a pledge to the Website, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules of the Contest (“Official Rules”).
- Publicity. All entrants to the Contest hereby agree to grant Rise Against Hunger permission to use, without additional compensation, such entrants name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph, and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the Internet and picture data storage) which Sponsor may deem appropriate.
- Prizes. The entrant that submitted the Winning Entry drawn from all pledge submissions made during the entry period will be awarded a Grand Prize, which is one (1) Global Volunteers volunteer trip to Tanzania with double-occupancy accommodations for one (1) person for a one (1) or two (2) week period valued at $2,195 USD; and one (1) allowance for airfare from a major U.S. airport valued up to $1,200 USD. The trip with Global Volunteers must be completed by December 31, 2019. All standard Global Volunteers trip restrictions and guidelines are in effect. Only the stated number of prizes set forth in these complete Official Rules will be awarded.
- Taxes. Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on their prize, if applicable. If applicable, a winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. No substitution or transfer of a prize shall be permitted except as provided herein.
- No Substitute Prizes. Except as provided herein, no substitution, transfer, or assignment of a prize shall be permitted except in Rise Against Hunger’s sole and absolute discretion. Limit one prize per person. If a prize winner is unable to accept the prize, Rise Against Hunger will not award a substitute prize to such prize winner. If a prize winner is unable to accept the prize, a secondary entrant that submitted a pledge that is not already a Winning Entry will be eligible to receive the applicable prize. No substitute prize will be given.
- Delivery of Prizes. Prize winners shall be chosen on or about noon eastern time on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, with the Winning Entry announced at that time. Sponsor will contact Winning Entry via the contact information in such Entry within ten (10) days of Friday, March 30, 2018 to arrange for delivery of the applicable prize. Any failure to respond to such communication after ten (10) days from the date of notification will mean such entrant that submitted a Winning Entry will forfeit the applicable prize and the secondary Winning Entry entrant will be eligible to receive the applicable prize.
- Indemnification and Release. Entrants also agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, Global Volunteers and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, and employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest harmless from any and all alleged and/or actual actions, demands, losses, settlements (whether or not litigation is commenced), claims, damages, and liability whatsoever, existing now or in the future, with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest or participation in any contest-related activity and/or delivery/mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize including, but not limited to, (A) liability for personal injury, bodily injury (including wrongful death or disability), damage to property, and damage or loss of any other kind, including, but not limited to, any such liability as a result of entrant’s guests/invitees participating in any prize event or experience with the entrant, (B) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software, or (C) for the failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination of the above. Further, Sponsor and its advertising or promotion agencies, if any, will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s digital devices related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest. Only the stated number of prizes set forth in these complete Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to, but without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human or other error, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and to have the judges mentioned herein select the winner(s) from all eligible Entries received as of the date of termination. Any attempt to deliberately damage any portion of this offer or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Neither Sponsor nor its affiliates are responsible for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail or entries; or for transactions that are processed late or incorrectly, or are lost due to any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Contest and prize redemption. Contest void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any of its representatives or affiliates. All winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Sponsor and its affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies, if applicable, from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons or property (including third parties mentioned or shown in content submitted for this Contest), including, without limitation, personal injury or death, and claims based on publicity rights, intellectual property, privacy or defamation, which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or the offering or announcement of any prize.
- Employees of Rise Against Hunger. Employees and directors of Rise Against Hunger and any participating partner company, their respective parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, judges and legal advisors, and the immediate family or members of the same households of such employees or directors are not eligible to submit Entries or win a prize. Immediate family is defined as husband, wife, children, mother, mother-in-law, father, father-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, brother or brother-in-law. By entering this Contest, or accepting a prize, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Rise Against Hunger, which are final and binding in all respects. Rise Against Hunger assumes no responsibility for the lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, illegible or altered entries.
- Eligibility. This Contest (and thus submittal of Entries) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. All employees, board members, officers, representatives, agents, and consultants of Rise Against Hunger are disqualified from accepting a prize or submitting an Entry.
- Void Where Prohibited by Law. THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND RHODE ISLAND OR OTHER STATES WHERE VOID AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Dispute Resolution. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant hereby agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively, by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and shall be held at the AAA office located in Raleigh, North Carolina; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so a portion of the above may not apply to you. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of North Carolina, USA, without regard to choice of law rules.
- Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant or person from participating in the Contest if, at their sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant or person to be tampering with the entry process, the voting process or the operation of the Contest, or if such person repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to, circumvent these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant, the general public and/or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine legitimate operation of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Rise Against Hunger reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sponsor. The “Sponsor” of this Contest is Rise Against Hunger located at 4801 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27612.
- Winner List. To request a prize winner list (available after Friday, March 30, 2018), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received within sixty days after selection date to: Rise Against Hunger at 4801 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27612. Please specify “Trip Giveaway Contest – Winner List” on the outer envelope.
- Questions. If you have any questions about this Contest, please contact Tom Barbitta, Chief Marketing Officer, at 4801 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27612.
- Official Rules. The Official Rules are available at riseagainsthungerphilippines.org/rules. A copy of the Official Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page.
- Facebook Release. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Each entrant is providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Each entrant hereby releases Facebook from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with this Contest.