Are you still working on your New Year’s resolutions? We’d like to invite you to make a resolution that will have a major impact on the lives of people in need around the globe: Resolve to join the movement to fight hunger in 2017.
Ending hunger might sound like a daunting task, but there are many ways you can get involved this year without leaving your local area–or even your computer. Here are five ways to take action in 2017:
- Be an advocate. Advocacy is interwoven into every part of the movement at Stop Hunger Now, and is a vital activity in which our volunteers can actively engage. Stop Hunger Now defines advocacy as engaging and empowering people toward changing laws, policies, systems and attitudes to end hunger by 2030. Sign up to become an advocate!
- Show your support on social media. Retweet, repost or be one of our 5,000+ followers in Instagram. Follow Stop Hunger Now, the World Food Programme and other organizations committed to ending world hunger on our various social media platforms. Show your support and get others engaged.
- Organize a meal packaging event. Are you looking for a way to put your hands on hunger? Organize a meal packaging event with a business, school, faith organization, team, or civic club. Learn more now.
- Volunteer. Volunteers are one of the essential resources Stop Hunger Now needs to help realize the vision of a world without hunger. Each year, thousands of volunteers join Stop Hunger Now not only to package meals, but to support warehouse operations and assist with administration duties. Find a Stop Hunger Now location near you to get started.
- Engage your workplace. Stop Hunger Now provides many opportunities to engage our corporate partners and their employees actively in our mission to end hunger. Our Corporate Team works with companies to help them reach their CSR and employee engagement goals as we serve those in need around the world. Visit our Corporate Engagement page to find out more.
We can’t wait to see what we’ll accomplish together in 2017 — we know this will be our biggest year yet. Thanks for making a commitment to fight hunger this year, and until world hunger is eliminated.